Online gaming is great fun, but you cannot ignore gaming fraud. Statista said the gaming industry had a market value of around 156 billion dollars in 2020, which may reach approximately 200 billion dollars in 2023. Presently, players spend vast amounts of bucks on the games. On the other hand, in the online gaming industry, approximately twenty percent of people become the target of scammers.
Now the question arises:
“How to protect yourself from online gaming fraud without compromising gaming quality?”
However, it is not a cumbersome task, mainly if you take the steps with precautions. There are numerous effective ways by which you can easily avoid online gaming frauds—for instance, selecting the best casino sites. Before moving to precautions, it is essential to know about different types of fraud.
Types of Fraud:
Scammers developed different methods of doing the fraud the gamers. There are numerous categories of scams that you may need to know about, including:
- Bonus Abuse– Scammers profit by using your incentives or the bonus points. They get profit from those bonus points after registering on any gambling site.
- Account Takeover is related to getting a log-in list via the data breach. They try to gain sensitive information from the gamers. It is also named the credential filling.
- Chargeback Fraud is an on-demand return process that protects customers who got scammed. Fraudsters can easily commit fraud by making frequent chargebacks while purchasing the game. They take advantage of the vulnerability of this action and pretend it is the customer satisfaction method.
- Affiliate Frauds– If the scammer wants to trigger CPA/PPL, they consider affiliate frauds. In this player gets the notification getting more rewards.
So, these are some specific categories of fraud that one can experience while playing online games. Once you know different types of fraud, it will be easier for you to protect yourself from online fraud.
How to protect yourself from online gaming fraud?
When it comes to protection, there are various methods that you can consider such as choosing the online casino Malaysia for playing online casino games. Besides this, there are numerous techniques too.
Are you aware of all those methods?
If not, do not take the stress about it. It is because you can consider numerous techniques to protect yourself from gaming fraud without facing too many problems. These techniques include:
- Strong password and two-factor authentication
The most effective way to keep your gaming secure is using a strong password. You can create a password combination of memorable characters, numbers, short alphabets, etc. If you create a strong password, fraudsters will not easily access your account.
- Identity Verification Service
One can easily consider the identity verification service. These services work on identifying the user data like IP address, geolocation, and emails. If you get any messages, you can check their identity.
- Add fraud prevention software.
The striking feature of fraud prevention software is that it can quickly figure out the risk assessment that relies upon the browser behavior of the user. After that, it will raise the red flags over those users doing suspicious activities.
- Live user tracking
It is pretty hard to follow every moment of the users immediately. On the other hand, you can use the right fraud detection tools. Artificial intelligence does the work for you and lessens your workload. It supports a fraud detection tool that checks the movement of all users on the monitor in real-time. By doing so, you can monitor your earnings and figure out the fraudsters.
- Accurate rules format for fraud detection
It is recommendable to create solid rules for accurate detection. One can work on creating a powerful rule string. By doing so, you are not only protecting your players from online fraud but making an excellent rating. If you find it a hard job, you can consider any tool to create the string and protect your players against online fraud.
So, these are the accurate methods that you can easily consider to take action against scammers. There are numerous tools available on the internet that you can consider. But the most crucial step that you must take is choosing an accurate casino site for playing games. The best casino sites always take all the security measurements to protect your privacy.
There are various things that you can keep in your mind for finding the best online casino site that, including:
- Online reputation of the casino provider
- Website security, whether that website is secure or not
- Payment options
- Bonus points
- Types of games that they provide
- Customer support service and many more
With the help of the information mentioned earlier, you get quality knowledge about online gaming frauds. It is essential to take all measures to protect your identity from scammers. Initially, choose a reliable website and then create an account. The password must be strong enough that no one can crack its password.